I’m rich, I’m rich: Thousand Dollar Bars

thousand-dollar-bars

Have you ever baked something that made you do the Daffy Duck? You know, the cartoon scene where Daffy runs about yelling, “I’m rich, I’m rich, whoop, whoop, yippee, I’m rich!” He’s bouncing around on his head, feet, hands, and rump in a spastic outpouring of sheer joy. Yep, the Daffy Duck.

Not everything we bake here in the kitchen gets us to do the Daffy Duck. Sometimes we do the swoon, the table grip (hold me Ralphie, I’ve died and gone to heaven). Susan Reid’s creations often get me to do the swoon. That woman knows how to cook.

On a bad day, we do the wine taster (small taste and a spit) or the Emily Post (napkin over mouth, remove offending food, weak smile).

But on a really really good day, we do the Happy Dance (personal taste rules here;mine includes foot stomping and mmm mmm noises); and the Daffy Duck.

These Thousand Dollar Bars did just that for us here at KAF. The idea began with brainstorming blogs to go along with our annual sweepstakes. We wanted a recipe invoking richness. PJ suggested Mamie Eisenhower’s Million Dollar Fudge (wonderful fudge, you can find the recipe online at the Eisenhower archives); and I started thinking about caramel and chocolate. Add a buttery shortbread crust, and we’ve got a golden ticket winner.

These bars definitely remind people of Twix® bars, both in shape and taste, but OH, so much better when top-end caramel and chocolate is used. Think of them as Twix® on Warren Buffett’s  budget.

So, break out your happy dancin’ shoes, and let’s make Thousand Dollar Bars.

Preheat the oven to 300°F.  Lightly spray a 9” x 13” x 2” pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.  If you want to top the bars with different chocolates, use two 8” square pans as I did here.

Place the flour, butter, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and blend on medium speed.  At first the mixture will seem a bit dry.

Continue beating on medium speed, and the dough will come together as a soft, smooth, slightly sticky dough.

Place the dough in your chosen pan(s) and pat with your fingers to spread.

So, what is “best” to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers? On the left  I used cold water, on the right I used flour. As you can see, the flour pan is much smoother and more level, so I’d stick with flour for this one (no pun intended).

Prick the dough all over with a fork. This docking, as it’s called, will allow steam to escape during the baking, and keep your shortbread from bubbling up in patches.

Bake the shortbread for 35 to 45 minutes, until lightly brown around the edges.

While the crust is baking, make the caramel layer. Place the caramel and cream in a medium-sized saucepan and melt together over low heat, stirring frequently.

The caramel will be glossy and lump-free, but still thick.

When you raise your spoon or spatula, the caramel should pour off in a thick ribbon.

Pour the warm caramel over the baked, cooled crust and spread to the edges carefully.  If the crust is too warm, it may break and shatter, leaving crumbs in your caramel. Not a total disaster, but avoidable with a cooled crust.

Place the pan(s) in the refrigerator to set the caramel layer. Small square pans can be stacked if offset, saving you valuable fridge space.

After the caramel has chilled for about 30 minutes, melt the chocolate for coating. I used our Merckens milk chocolate bar for one  8” pan, and dark chocolate candy coating wafers for the other.

You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate; or microwave in short bursts to avoid scorching the chocolate.

If the chocolate seems too thick, melt in 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening at a time, until it’s thin enough to coat the bars. I didn’t try chocolate chips as a topping. Tthey should work as a layer, but not so well for dipping.

For the quickest approach, simply pour the melted chocolate over the caramel layer and return to the fridge until set. Cut and serve the bars as you would brownies. Keep in mind that the caramel has been thinned down and will get lovely and soft and melt-y at room temperature, so you may want to cut pieces about 10 minutes before serving.

If you’d like to make classic Twix®-haped bars, remove the caramel-coated shortbread from the pan. Be sure to use parchment in the pan if you’re planning to do this, as it will make removing the bars 1,000 times easier.

Cut the bars down the center lengthwise, then cut each half into “fingers”.  You can make them as thick as you like, but remember: if they’re too thin, they’ll break as you try to coat them in chocolate.

Drop the sticks into the melted chocolate one at a time. Using a deep bowl will help keep your chocolate deep for dipping, too.

Submerge the stick under the chocolate until well coated. Using two forks to lift and support the stick will keep it from breaking as the excess chocolate drips off. Gentle tapping on the side of the bowl will help, too.

Place the coated bars on a wire rack to finish setting up. Parchment paper placed under the rack will catch any wayward drips. After about 20 minutes you can transfer the bars to parchment paper, to set completely.

Sweet chocolate, sensuous caramel, the crisp snap of the shortbread. A little dribble on your chin, a lot of finger licking, and oh yeah, don’t forget the Daffy Duck!

Please bake, rate, and review our recipe for Thousand Dollar Bars.

MaryJane Robbins

comments

1. erinhibshman

Oh. My. Goodness. I love caramel and chocolate together. I will most certainly be making these next weekend! Thank you for the step by step photos of the chocolate dipping – that is still something that I find tricky to do. What a yummy sight on a Monday morning! I might even put some fall colored sprinkles or nonpareils on top to take to a party…
    Erin, the colored sprinkles are a fantastic idea! Wish I had thought of that ;). Thanks for sharing. ~ MaryJane

2. Paul from Ohio

Simply dazzling luscious! AND a recipe to actually use the Merkens Carmel Block I have! Shortbread, chocolate and caramel – can’t be any three favorite things higher on my list. Thanks MJ for a great blog. Will try for soonest!
    Awesome! Wish I had had one to go with my pizza yesterday. Thanks a MILLION! ~ MaryJane

3. jephremley

MMMM! So – which did you guys prefer? The milk or dark chocolate??

Now whip me up some Hundred Grand Bars please! You know, with the rice krispies in them?? ;-)

I preferred the milk. Frank @ KAF.

I bet if you folded some krispies into the chocolate layer before pouring it on the caramel, it would be pretty darn close. I’ve always found that the cheaper store brand krispies hold their crunch better in chocolate than real Rice Krispies. JMHO. ~ MaryJane

4. Blakeley (Cupcake Princess)

I’ve made these before, but with a different recipe and boy they were delicious. Some people call them Millionaires Shortbread or Homemade Twix. Your recipe looks great I really like how you dip them in chocolate to make them look like a real candy bar. I would like to make a homemade caramel would you suggest a recipe that would do good with this recipe? Thanks KAF for all of the great recipes!

Hey Princess! Good to hear from you. I haven’t ever tried using homemade caramel as a filling. I’d check out some recipes online, and in candy making books at the library/bookstore for a soft caramel. Try http://www.cooks.com and maybe Martha Stewart? Best of luck with this and be sure to let us know how it goes. ~ MaryJane

5. Anne G

These look absolutely wonderful. When I am pregnant, I crave twix bars like crazy. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I just had my 5th baby so the pregnancy craving excuse is now out the window. But, I will have to make these, and I will probably end up eating the whole batch! There goes the post pregnancy diet!

I see that you used the caramel block, but for those of us who don’t have that right now and just have to make this, would home made caramel work just as well?

Thanks for yet another reason to get up in the morning!

Home made caramel is going to be an experiment. Temperature control can be a bit iffy sometimes, this effects the viscosity. Give it a try, and please share your results. Frank @ KAF.

6. Ricardo Neves Gonzalez - Petrópolis, R.J. - BRAZIL

It seems like those SNICKERS chocolate bars solded by Mar´s in Brazil. I love a lot Snickers. Then i´m anxious to give a try on these perfectly and better than Mar´s i suppose!
    YOU´LL ALWAYS SURPRISING US!
    Ricardo, I bet adding peanuts to the caramel layer would be wonderful and very Snickers-y. Thanks for sharing. ~ MaryJane

7. tobybowen

This sounds like something I used to eat (and have tried unsuccessfully many times to recreate) in England called Millionaire Shortbread – I can’t wait to try this! I don’t buy salted butter usually – is there a proportion of salt I could add or will I have to run to the grocery store right away?

Thanks!

1 stick of Salted Butter contains 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Just adjust the recipe, no need for a special trip. Frank @ KAF.

8. whites5

Can’t wait to try these. Did you try sprinkling a little sea salt on them? I bet it would be good.

I’ve been dying to give it a try with salt, or maybe a little bacon. mmmmm bacon! ~ MaryJane

9. angela25

WOW! Hear that fluttering noise? That is the sound of my diet flying out the window!
    Angela, your comment was sooooo funny to Tracy, she actually snorted. Haa Haa *snort* Haaa. Thanks for that priceless moment!!!! ~ MaryJane

10. berry

I’ve been a customer for years.
    Love the recipies, cookbooks, look forward to the catalog.
    Wow–this is the first time I’ve looked at a step by step–I love it
    can’t wait to try this and a few more!

Thanks KAF

11. Anne G

Ok. So I made these with homemade caramel. The caramel is not as thick as the block and in order for it to harden up like it shows in the picture, I had to place the pan in the freezer. The caramel still is not as thick as it shows in the picture at the end, it is a bit gooeyer, which is actually quite nice. I made a double batch and in one batch I broke up my kid’s favorite candy bars and placed then atop the caramel before putting in the freezer, and then submerged in chocolate. My kids think I am a rock star now! These are wonderful!
    ROCK ON, ANNE! Thanks for sharing your results for the homemade caramel. Now, back to your limo and champagne. ~ MaryJane

12. Sandy

You’re killing me….these look so yummy! I have a shortbread recipe I have made for years and years (too many to count) at Christmas. Is your recipe a special one for these bars or would my (almost) famous shortbread work? Also, I love dark chocolate so would the Merckens dark chocolate that you sell in the big bars work? Why did you use the dark candy coating wafers instead?

Give your favorite recipe a try. MaryJane used 2 types of chocolate to see how they would work. Dark Chocolate will work just fine. Frank @ KAF.

13. boxergurl

Oh this is definitely going on my list of Christmas goodies! I LOVE Twix bars, so as soon as I saw the picture, I knew I’d have to make these.

I also have to tell you how much I LOVE the KAF blog. Your step by step instructions WITH pictures is perfect for a novice baker like myself. I think I might be mildly obsessed with this website. :)
    Boxergurl, thanks so much for the note. We know all about baking obsessions here, we are guilty, guilty, guilty.
    Can’t you just see a stack of these bars in a pretty gift bag tied up with bright ribbon? The postman, teachers and kid who mows the lawn will all be clamoring for more. Have fun! ~ MaryJane

14. ginger1981

As Tobybowen noted above, this is a pretty popular treat in the UK and the one thing my British born husband always requests me to make for him (he’s a fan of the ones made by the Gregg’s pie chain). I think now I don’t have an excuse to try them…they seem to be easier to make than they appear.
    Ginger, if you want to start simple just make them in layers in the pan. Then when you feel confident, try the dipped version. They’re brilliant! ~ MaryJane

15. Margy

How sturdy would these be to mail? My niece at college would love these–she’s only 1/2 hour away, but I would love to send these as a birthday surprise at the end of October (weather will hopefully be cooler then). I would make them in a disposable pan using your first method, then send the entire well-wrapped pan.

Structurally, these are fairly “solid”. The real danger is temperature. Give it a try. Frank @ KAF.
    HI MargyI think if you sent the panful, these would travel well. Like Frank said, as long as the weather cooperates they should arrive just fine. She’ll be one popular girl in the dorm :) ~ MaryJane

16. Kim

Homemade Twix bars??? Seriously??? How dare you tempt a Twix lover and a baker (who loves to try to bake things at home that taste better than store bought) with the opportunity to make her favorite candy bar! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. They look WAY better than store bought!
    Would you believe the shirt I’m wearing today says “333…I’m only half evil”? My minions and I are glad you are tempted and trust me, these TASTE way better than store bought too! ~JaryMane (MaryJane’s evil twin)

17. JuliaJ

In patting out crusts like these, I often put my hand in a plastic bag to pat out the dough. Or, if the pan isn’t too deep, I lay a piece of plastic wrap over the pan and use a small rolling pin to flatten the dough inside the pan. What a yummy recipe!

18. Leslie Limon

I’m doing the Daffy Duck just thinking about making these Thousand Dollar Bars. :) One question…Could I use Cajeta for the caramel layer? (We don’t have caramel blocks in Mexico!)

Give it a try. And please, share your results. Frank @ KAF.

19. Rose Nowak

Am I the only one out there that remembers Twix bars with peanut butter? I’m sure there must be a way to put a peanut butter layer on these bars instead of the caramel. Maybe a peanut butter, butter and confectioners sugar mix? Any ideas for me?

I’m sure peanut butter would work well. If you want it to have a thicker texture like in real candy bars, mix a couple of tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar into the peanut butter. It will be more firm, not so spreadable, so you can roll it out and pat it out with your fingers. This is what I used to do when I was dipping chocolates. I bet a recipe for the peanut filling for buckeye candies would work well too. Let us know how it goes! ~ MaryJane

20. ccj42

WOW. This has got to be the most drool-worthy recipe I’ve seen in a while!

I’d love to try making bite sized Thousand Dollar bars!
    Maybe then they could be Hundred Dollar Bites :) ~ MaryJane

21. Jennifer

I made some Millionaire Shortbread with Cajeta. It’s good, not as good as homemade caramel though. For millionaire shortbread though, I recommend Heston Blumenthal’s recipe, just google it. It’s the best shortbread I’ve made yet.

22. 2darnhot2

Tobybowen, here you go:

Millionaire Shortbread

4 oz butter
    1 1/8 Cups flour
    1/4 C sugar
    2 oz butter
    2 Tbsp golden syrup
    1 tin sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    4 oz semisweet chocolate
    2 oz butter

Cream butter, flour, & sugar. Press into a 8″ X 12″ shallow tin. Bake @ 350 for 15 – 25 minutes until golden brown.

Melt butter, syrup, milk, & extract. Stir until blended. Pour over base. Bake 15 – 20 minutes. Set aside until cold.

Melt chocolate & butter. Spread over the cooled filling. Mark in squares while setting. Refrigerate until set.

23. tallen261

Just a thought…wonder if peanut butter would work in place of the caramel? I love both!!
    I’m sure peanut butter would work well. If you want it to have a thicker texture like in real candy bars, mix a couple of tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar into the peanut butter. It will be more firm, not so spreadable, so you can roll it out and pat it out with your fingers. ~ MaryJane

24. Jill

Is it necessary to temper Merckens chocolate when dipping like you have in this recipe?
    Hi Jill,
    If you melt the Merckens low and slow, you should be able to dip without a problem. The milk chocolate definitely stays a softer consistency than the dark, no real “snap” to it, but a nice solid bite of chocolate. Hope this helps. ~ MaryJane

25. SMJ

Salivating here. Prior to dipping, how do you cut these to look so even?
    Honestly, I used a really really sharp chef’s knife. A truly sharp knife will work wonders in the kitchen.
    ~ MaryJane

26. Nicole

how can I do this with homemade caramel? what is the ratio of ingredients needed to get that caramel consistency?
    Hi Nicole,
    I haven’t ever tried a homemade caramel filling, but keep the caramel on the softer side, not as firm as for a wrapped caramel. Let us know how it goes! ~ MaryJane

27. marbarre

I made these today, half with milk chocolate and half with dark chocolate. I sprinkled sea salt on the dark chocolate bars. Good thing I made both, as I am crazy for the dark with sea salt and my family gobbled up the milk chocolate ones…I was just up at the Bakers Store and bought a block of caramel, had no idea what I was going to use it for….so thank you so much for this!
    I can’t wait to experiment with some of the ideas posted here. This one is a winner.
    I think I NEED to try the sea salt version today. You know, for the sake of the community, the good of the people. Not because I really want chocolate, no really, it’s research. Trust me, I’m a baker. Thanks for sharing!
    ~ MaryJane

28. sjfletcher

I noticed that you the caramel blocks that you sell are 18ozs and your recipe calls for 2 cups of caramel. How do you measure the 2 cups from a large block of caramel?
    Hi there,
    If you check the weight version of the recipe, the caramel in the recipe weighs 20 ounces. I’m sure one 18 ounce block would work just fine. ~ MaryJane

29. virgolisa66

I’ve made these before but have occasionally had a problem with my chocolate turning white the next day. What am I doing wrong? Please Help!

It sounds as if you are getting your chocolate too hot. Your chocolate has bloomed causing those white or grayish streaks. Use the double boiler method as Mary Jane suggests. Place chopped chocolate in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Place 1-2″ of water in a sauce pot. Let it come to a boil. Turn off heat. Place bowl with chocolate on sauce pot and allow to melt. Stir a couple of times until is fully melted. Some people will keep the heat on low, but it is really not necessary. It melts quite nicely on its own from the steam coming up from the water bath. Good luck! Elisabeth

30. KAF_MaryJane

Community member Mike Nolan shared this great information on homemade caramel. Thanks a thousand, er, million Mike!

I always use the full cream nut caramel recipe out of the Antoinette Pope School New Candy Cookbook, the degree of firmness can be controlled by the temperature to which you cook it.

The book, which is out of print but available both on Ebay and through Amazon, is considered one of the classics by candymakers, and I use at least a half dozen recipes out of it.

2 cups sugar
    1 cup light corn syrup
    2 cups warm cream (22% butterfat, I blend 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, which is usually 36% butterfat, with 1/2 cup of 1% milk)
    1/3 cup unsalted butter
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)

Start with the sugar, corn syrup and half of the cream, add the 2nd half of the cream slowly after about 10 minutes, then add the butter a little at a time. Keep the heat fairly low, it can go from good to ruined quickly.

The salt and vanilla go in at the end. If putting in the pecans, let it sit for about ten minutes, then stir them in.

Cook to 236 degrees for a soft caramel, 238-240 for a firmer caramel (good for making turtles.) 242 will give you a firm caramel, which I have rolled into logs, cut into strips and wrapped to put in Christmas boxes. 244 will give you a rather hard caramel, which I find difficult to cut or shape. If I had candy molds, they’d probably work well if greased.

31. milkwithknives

Wow, thanks for the lesson on melting chocolate. I know it scorches easily and for some reason I have always shied away from it, but now I’ll be able to give it a go. I, too, got a big block of caramel from our local baker’s store when it was on sale, so this will be just the thing to break it in.

Not to get all gloopy, but I truly do appreciate your generosity in sharing your experience and all your knowledge with us. I can’t even tell you how much I have learned from the discussions, pictures and detailed lessons you give us. As long as you keep posting, I will gratefully watch and learn. Thanks.

32. Debra

OMG – That’s the most wonderful thing I’ve made all year. And it was SO easy. I admit to some microwave melting and making bars instead of dipping. I found that mine (made w/Kraft caramel) do no require refrigeration. In fact, they got a little too crunchy to cut in the fridge.

33. intrigue0418

ABSOLUTE DECADENCE! I really enjoy the Daffy Duck comparison. There is several instances in life when it should be done and good food is always worth the embarrassment. I would recommend keeping an eye out for the guys in white coats holding a straight jacket, they have no sense of humor!

No baking police! Food & fun is a very natural combination, and one we put together most days in the test kitchen… Enjoy- PJH

34. smokeyandashes

I made these using Kraft caramels & dark chocolate. They were yummy! They didn’t look very good as I was too sloppy dipping them. Next time, I will make them as bars and I will try homemade caramel. Thank you everyone for the recipes.

Good luck next time – such tasty experiments we all come up with, eh? :) PJH

35. CJ

Oh yum . . . . I love how I learn almost as much reading comments as I do the recipe. So here is my question – has anyone tried the new Java Twix? And how would I duplicate that? I’m going to try the peanut butter version, because that is my favorite. Or at least it was until they came out with the Java – can’t go wrong with coffee and chocolate. :)
    Thanks!

You might try experimenting with espresso powder. Frank @ KAF.

36. Andrew

Despite his wealth, Warren Buffett would probably just eat a Twix bar if it was cheaper. That’s why he’s so awesome.

37. Susan2879

Discovering your flour made my angel food cake fluffy and light and I haven’t bought another flour since. Recently I discovered that this website had tons of recipes and just in time for Christmas! YEEEHOO! I can’t wait to try a bunch of the wonderful creations on here. I make lots of confections and box up samplers for friends….Two questions: can I make these into bite sized pieces so they’ll fit in my samplers?? Also, will they keep at room temperature once coated in chocolate?

Hello – I think you could definitely make these into mini bars. We stored these in the refrigerator after making them. I’m afraid the chocolate may become a little soft if you leave that at room temperature for extended periods of time. – kelsey

38. Andy

Hi,
    For some reason your tweet button is saying that all shared links are via @andytlr. That’s me and they aren’t via me.

I’m guessing you pulled the embed code for the Tweet Button from my site instead of http://twitter.com/about/resources/tweetbutton

Quick fix would just be to remove data-via=”andytlr” from the HTML.

Could you fix it please.

I’ve sent this request to our tech guys – they’ll take care of it ASAP, OK? But since it’s Sunday night, they might not get to it till tomorrow. Sorry, and thanks – PJH

No worries. Thanks. – Andy

OK, they’ve got it nailed down what happened, but are waiting for the one guy who can fix it to come in. He should be here shortly. Again, thanks for your patience! PJH

And… fixed. Whew… :) PJH

39. suepasco

Has anyone tried making these with gluten free flour? They sound soooooo good!!!!
    I don’t think we’ve tried this GF, but from what I understand, GF shortbread is pretty easy to work with, so you should give it a try and let us know how it goes. ~ MaryJane

40. tigerlily09

These turned out wonderful! I made homemade caramel and it worked well with the recipe. The only problem I had was cutting the bars. They tended to crumble and the crumbs got into the chocolate while I was dipping. They looked a little sandy but still tasted great. It helped when I turned the bars upside down to cut them, but I still had problems. Any suggestions?

Hi there,
    I’d try baking the bars just a little less, then chilling them well before cutting. Using a hot knife can give you cleaner cuts too. Hope this helps. ~ MaryJane

41. catija

My son and I made these for Halloween. He doesn’t like caramel, so we substituted the peanut butter filling from another KAF recipe. Yummy!! We had tons of fun making them, and now we are having even MORE fun eating them!! The shortbread wanted to crack when I cut the bars into “fingers”, I had to scored them several times in each cut to get a clean cut. It got easier as the bars came to room temp.
    We used black frosting for decorating, and in addition to spider webs, we made skeleton arms, BOO! and other scary things!
    That sounds fantastic, and thanks for sharing your cutting tips. Have a very scary day! ~ MaryJane

42. "Jane C"

I just made these and they are incredible!! No problem with the shortbread crumbling – I weighed the flour in grams. I cut the bars when they were cold and should have brought them to room temperature first since the chocolate kind of cracked… they aren’t the prettiest but they taste great! I used fleur de sel caramels from Trader Joe’s which are 14 oz. and added 4 oz. of chewy Werther’s. Could have left the Werther’s out…. Also dark Belgian chocolate from, again, Trader Joe’s. This recipe is a definite keeper!!!

43. chiffonade

To combat crumbling, you might try scoring the bars after pressing the shortbread mixture into the pan. Use a metal bench scraper and create the “bars” before baking. They are less likely to crumble after baking.
    Thanks for the tip, mama! Happy Baking! ~Mel

44. Tonia

I used to make “Billionaire” Bars that were (from bottom to top) — Shortbread, Fudgy Brownie, Caramel, Dark Chocolate Ganache with a Swirl of White chocolate on top for decoration. :-)

45. Cindy

If I wanted to make one more like a peanut butter Twix how would you recommend doing that?
    Instead of caramel for the filling, mix 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar in with 1 cup of peanut butter and use that for your filling. The confectioners’ sugar give the peanut butter that “filling” consistency. Enjoy! ~ MaryJane

46. BarbW

Just a thought regarding the crumbs mixing in with the chocolate. This is a two-step process, but makes for a very smooth finish. I plan on making these soon but will dip the bottoms first and set them on parchment or waxed paper to cool. If any crumbs fall off, you can strain them out. Then, as long as the bottom part is cold, you can then dip just the the top & tap off the excess and place on the parchment or a wire screen. Either that or place them on a wire rack or icing screen and drizzle the chocolate on top using the same technique mentioned to catch drips. Dipping might be quicker, though, unless you have a lot of chocolate to start with. Not that that’s a bad thing…

47. Ivy

I am making these for my health class and I need to know how many this recipe makes.?

Cutting them about 1″ x 4 1/2″ would yield 26 bars, so that gives you an idea of yield based on size, Ivy. Enjoy – PJH

1. MaryJane Robbins , post author

If your caramel will firm up enough to be cut, but not firm up so much you can’t readily cut it, then it should be fine without additional cream. ~ MJ