Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread: a family favorite

Here’s my mantra: If you can read, you can bake bread.

No, really. If you can read, you can bake bread.*

*One caveat: to bake GOOD bread, you should use GOOD ingredients.

Starting with flour and yeast. Make that King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, and SAF Red instant yeast.

King Arthur Flour is a given. And this isn’t just a sales pitch: Flour is our signature product; it has been for 223 years. And we care about it like a mom cares for her children.

From wheat field to mill to warehouse to supermarket to your kitchen, we care about our flour. Our milling specs are the tightest in the industry, and we stick by ’em; we’ve been known to return entire rail cars of flour to the mill if it’s not absolutely perfect.

Personally, I like our all-purpose flour for bread; with its 11.7% protein (more than a percentage point higher than other national brands), it’s perfect for yeast bread, while still remaining ideal for pie crust, pancakes, and popovers.

What’s this protein stuff, you ask? The percentage of protein in wheat flour can have a direct bearing on how high your bread rises. Protein, when mixed with liquid, becomes gluten; and gluten is the elastic network that traps air in your yeast dough. Without gluten, your dough is a leaky balloon; you can keep blowing it up, but it’ll never expand. The more gluten, the easier it is to get bread to rise nice and high.

So, when do you use bread flour? I use bread flour (12.7% protein) when I want a really chewy bread – think bagels, or ultra-chewy pizza crust.

I also use it when whole grains make up a large percentage of the flour in my recipe. The bran in whole grains tends to slice through gluten (again, think leaky balloon); so using bread flour as part of the flour in a whole-grain bread recipe gives you a head start: with more protein (read: gluten) to begin with, the bran doesn’t have as big a negative effect.

So, once you’ve got your King Arthur Flour, what next? Yeast.

Fleischmann’s makes good yeast. As does Red Star (a company that’s actually owned by SAF). But I started using SAF over 20 years ago, so I’m sticking with it. It’s never, ever disappointed me; I buy it in fresh 1-pound vacuum-packed bricks, so I KNOW it’s good and active right from the get-go. And, stored in the freezer, it easily stays nice and active for a year or more.

Flour. Yeast. Beyond that, all you really need is water (and usually salt) to make a great loaf of bread. For instance, a baguette.

But since we’re not French, we’re going to make a great loaf of American sandwich bread: high-rising, soft-textured, and mildly sweet.

With its small amount of added fat, and a touch of whole grains, you might say this is a “better for you” loaf. Hey, we all say we want to eat healthy, right? But for many of us, that doesn’t mean at the expense of flavor and texture, which this bread offers in spades.

Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread is one of the most popular recipes on our site. Readers love it. Here’s a typical review, from “jarobo”: “Gorgeous, yummy and easy — what more could you want? Makes the most awesome PB & J!”

Kids love it. Parents, too. Remember, if you can read – and if you have “the right stuff” in your pantry – you can bake this bread. Want to give it a try? Read on.

vt1

Place the following in a large mixing bowl:

1 cup rolled oats, traditional or quick (not instant)
1/2 cup maple sugar (for a hint of maple flavor) or brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
1 tablespoon kosher salt or 2 1/2 teaspoons table salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, Vietnamese preferred; optional, for very mild cinnamon flavor

Stir in 2 cups boiling water. Let everything cool to lukewarm, about 10 to 15 minutes. This first step melts the butter, and softens the oats, plus gives them a chance to absorb some of the water; this will make your bread easier to knead.

Add the following to the bowl:

1 tablespoon instant yeast
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
4 cups (17 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

Stir to combine. Oh, by the way, when baking bread, it makes a BIG difference how you measure your flour; too much flour = dry, crumbly bread. If you don’t already know about the “sprinkle and sweep” method, check out our quick measuring video.

Stir everything together to form a rough dough. Knead the bread (about 10 minutes by hand, 5 to 7 minutes using a mixer) until the dough is smooth and satiny.

Do you have a bread machine? Use its dough cycle to knead the ingredients, plus take the dough through its first rise.

vt2

Round the smooth dough into a ball. Scrape any bits of dough from the sides of the bowl; spritz the bowl with vegetable oil spray, and place the dough in the bowl.

Cover the bowl; a clear plastic shower cap works well, letting you watch the dough rise without uncovering it.

Let the dough rise somewhere not too chilly (e.g., above 65°F) until it’s gotten quite puffy. The cooler the room temperature, the longer this will take. I was making this bread in early October, and the temperature was around 75°F, which is ideal for yeast dough. In the dead of winter, finding somewhere in the house that’s as warm as 70°F is a challenge.

Our electric bread proofer is an extremely useful tool; but heck, I realize it’s an expensive solution, and probably only for those who are passionate bread bakers (including bakers of sourdough and salt-rising loaves, where it’s incredibly helpful). Warming your oven VERY briefly (say, 60 seconds or so), then turning it off and putting the bowl inside works well, too.

vt3

Once the dough has risen nicely, gently deflate it. Divide it in half, and shape each half into a log. Gently pat each piece of dough into an oval, then fold over to make a log. Place the loaves in two greased 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pans.

What if all you have is a single 9″ x 5″ loaf pan? Well, that’s fine; wrap one of the dough halves lightly in greased plastic, and refrigerate until your first loaf is baked and you have the pan back – later the same day, or even the next day. The dough will rise gradually in the fridge; that’s OK. Once you shape it and put it in the pan, understand that it’ll take a lot longer to rise, since it’s starting out cold.

Or feel free to simply make half this recipe. Though since you’re making one loaf, why not make two? If you can’t deal with two loaves yourself, surely one of your neighbors would like some fresh, home-baked bread.

vt4

Cover the pans with lightly greased plastic wrap (or clear shower caps, as I’ve done here), and allow the loaves to rise until they’ve crowned about 1″ over the rim of the pan, about 60 to 90 minutes.

Again, the warmer the environment, the faster this will happen; try for mid- to upper 70s, but anything over 65°F will do.

While the loaves are rising, preheat your oven to 350°F.

vt5

Bake the loaves for 35 to 40 minutes, tenting them lightly with aluminum foil after 25 minutes, to prevent over-browning.

Notice how the loaves rise quickly once they’re in the oven – this is called “oven spring.” And oven spring is the reason you don’t want your loaves to rise TOO high before you bake them. If a loaf looks beautifully and fully risen before it bakes, it’ll collapse once it hits the oven’s heat. Remember the balloon? POP. So, a good rule of thumb is, bread shouldn’t rise more than about 1″ over the rim of the pan before going into the oven.

Remove the loaves from the oven when they’re golden brown, and the interior registers 190°F on a digital thermometer.

I used to thump the bottom of the loaves to see if they were done, but honestly? That’s an inexact science (to say nothing of being uncomfortably hot!) To make sure your loaves are done, stick a thermometer through the end or side (not through the top, if you care about cosmetics), and when it registers 190°F at the center – it’s done for sure.

Personally, I use a Thermapen digital thermometer, for all manner of cooking and baking tasks (as do our friends over at Cook’s Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen); it’s expensive, but it’s also a long-term investment, and totally worth it.

vt6

Turn the loaves out onto a rack; they should slip right out of the pan. I like to run a stick of butter over the top, which gives the crust a satiny appearance, soft texture, and wonderful flavor.

Now comes the hard part:

Waiting for the loaf to cool before you slice it!

Slicing a hot loaf will make its texture gummy; I’m not quite sure why, but it happens.

If you HAVE to sample a bit, slice off just a tiny chunk at the corner; the less interior surface exposed to air while the loaf is still hot, the better it’ll be when totally cooled.

So, if you successfully read all the way to the end here – you can bake bread.

If any of this puzzles you, either leave a comment below, or call our baker’s hotline, 855-371-BAKE (2253). All of us here at King Arthur are determined to help you become the very best bread baker you can be!

Please read, bake, and review our recipe for Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread.

Attention, first-time bread bakers: want to sample a simple recipe before tackling this one? Try our no-knead English Muffin Toasting Bread.

And, when you’re ready to try Classic Baguettes – we can take you there, too!

comments

1. Trisha

I love this bread and just made some this morning. Isn’t it two cups of boiling water? (I actually use 18 oz but I also use a touch more flour and just 2 oz of maple sugar.)

2. /sally

These look good enough to reach through the screen and grab and run. The desert heat is gone, the monsoon rain and 85% humidity is gone,( I hope) and the arthritis flare has finally fizzled. It’s time to get out the bread pans and turn on the oven. I’m so anxious to get started.

One for now, one for later – or one for you, one for a friend, right Erica? Thanks for connecting here – and enjoy that yummy bread! PJH

3. Courtney montgomery

Oh that bread looks fabulous i can’t wait to bake its finally not 100° and not raining so i am more than happy to start baking again.also i recently switched from stone ground whole wheat to your guys white whole wheat and i am in LOVEEEE!.thank you my kaf team.

Well I am glad to hear that you are loving our Whole Wheat, I know it is one of my favorites. ;)
      If you have any questions while you are baking with it, please ask! Jon@KAF

4. shireen

That recipe looks awesome. I love your recipes and bread ingredients. But wanna know why my bread machine goes unused? I hate slicing bread. It always comes out wrong. Too thick. Too thin. One side thick, the other thin. It’s really pathetic. So I buy my bread sliced at the store. Can you please please please invent an affordable bread slicer for people like me who can’t slice bread? :D

Thanks, Julie – sounds like a good tool, I’ll have to see if I can find one. PJH

2. Debra Horne

I place the loaf heel side down in a zip-lock storage container lid , hold firmly , then slice across letting knife be guided by the top of lid. I use diffrent size plastic lids for other breads like bagels ect to make diffrent thickness. Large plastic tops from any type of container can be used.

Our pleasure, Shana – we love teaching folks about baking, and especially about bread! :) PJH

5. Sherri

I would love to try this recipe! Could you not use the whole wheat flour and only use all purpose? I will be making it today if that is possible. I do not have the other on hand and no trip to the store today is planned. Thank you

Absolutely, Sherri – cut back the water by 1 tablespoon, to account for whole wheat’s greater absorption; and go for it! PJH

6. K.D.E.

Any suggestions about changes that might be necessary for high altitude baking?
    My house floor is right at a mile high.

7. Emily Jelassi

I’ve used this recipe for years and it never fails. I’ve also used it for rolls. In my last batch I added a sea salt-rosemary-olive oil mix and they came out absolutely delicious! It really is a foolproof recipe – thank you!

Ohhhh, that sounds like a delicious tweak, Emily. Did you add it right to the dough, or brush it on top? I need to try that… PJH

8. AnnMarie Warren

This bread sounds fabulous. Could I use my pain de mie pan instead of the 2 loaf pans? I am always looking for more recipes for this pan.

AnnMarie, I think the recipe is about half again too large for your 13″ pain de mie. But I’ll bet you could bake 2/3 of the dough in your pain de mie, and 1/3 as a freeform round or boule – sound good? Let us know how it comes out. PJH

2. AnnMarie Warren

Thanks for the help with the pan. The bread turned out great and I made some rolls with the remainder of the dough.

9. pam

Enjoy your blog, but I do like the old style of your blog better, then this updated one, I like seeing the blogs for all week (the old way), I find it easy to follow…..

Pam, you’ll see all the week’s blogs right on the home page – just click anywhere on the top, near “Flourish,” to get to the home page. And you can see all the blogs in order, chronologically, by clicking “see all posts” on the upper right of that same home page. Hope this helps! PJH

10. Maria

Outstanding bread! This was easy and quick to put together and I had hot bread by lunchtime. I gave one away thinking two would be too much bread to eat before it went stale, but we polished off one loaf in no time. My only issue with the bread was that it did not rise as high or pretty as pictured. I did make sure not to let it rise beyond an inch above the pan but it didn’t rise at all in the oven. It still tasted great, though.

Maria, for whatever reason, your bread didn’t seem to have much oven spring. Next time, try letting it rise higher than 1″ over the rim, see if that helps. Don’t worry about it, in the meantime – we all end up making little tweaks so any particular recipe will work in our own kitchen. And it tastes good, anyway! Thanks for connecting here – PJH

11. Alan in Philadelphia

i made this today and it required more flour than you stated (I used the KA cookbook recipe which seemed the same as on the website). It didn’t quite get the rise that you got but it is delicious. I have the big Pullman loaf pan so I divided the dough into 60:40 and put the big half into the pullman loaf pan, and divided the other 40 into 9 small rolls. They turned out delicious. The Pullman loaf pan though didn’t fill completely.

Any suggestions how to cook with those pans? I got it a while ago and have never really felt like I know what to do with it. Thanks

Alan, a 13″ Pullman pan generally takes a recipe using about 4 1/2 cups of AP flour; using some whole wheat, it could take a bit more due to the “drag” of ww on rising. This recipe uses 5 1/2 cups flour, plus 1 cup oats – so I was thinking 2/3 of the loaf would fill a Pullman, though using the data from your experience, perhaps it would be more like 3/4… As for why your bread didn’t rise as much, I think that probably goes along with you adding additional flour; the more flour you add, the less your bread will rise. For high-rising bread, try to use JUST enough flour that the dough is cohesive and you can handle it (it should be quite sticky, but not “pourable”). Anyway – glad it tasted good! Bread-baking is as much journey as destination; we all learn as we go along. Let us know how it goes next time, OK? Cheers – PJH

12. MarkCC

Fantastic bread. Great mixture of softness, moistness, and chew along with a nice but mild whole wheat/oatmeal nuttiness. The first loaf was nearly gone before the evening was done, and there are just two of us.

Mark, this bread is pretty irresistible, isn’t it? It’s good that it makes 2 loaves; I either give away the second, or slice it; wrap the slices 4 or 5 to a package, and freeze. When I need more bread, I simply thaw one package at a time, and even having been frozen, it’s nice and soft and wonderfully tasty. Thanks for sharing your feedback here – PJH

13. Stacy

In the past I have had little success baking bread. I must not do something correctly with the kneading or temperature–the bread just doesn’t rise correctly. I switched to no-knead bread instead and am successful with that, but I have been longing to bake my own loaf-style bread. I have to say that I am ecstatic right now. I have two, fully-risen loaves of Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread in the oven!!! I have never had such success with a bread that I had to knead. My mixer wasn’t powerful enough, so I ended up doing the job by hand, expecting to fail as in the past. To my surprise, this bread rose beautifully–twice! It smells absolutely wonderful, and I can’t wait to try it! I know it may seem premature, writing a comment before I have even tasted the bread, but I am already more than happy with it! Having a bread recipe that is this easy and actually rises for me is a blessing! Thanks for explaining the process thoroughly. My husband and I are looking forward to enjoying one loaf and sharing the second with someone else.

Oh Stacy, I am so happy to hear about your success! Bread can be pretty discouraging when it is not working but when a success happens it feels amazing. I bet they are going to be pretty tasty as well. Jon@KAF

14. Gambles

Other than the name, is there any reason this recipe uses honey instead of maple syrup?

I found the Vermont Maple Oatmeal Bread recipe which uses syrup and maple flavoring. Also any idea how different the two actually taste when made as directed??.

I’m always trying to get things VERY mapley without using the flavoring and I’ve had little success.

Thanks,
    Suzanne

The maple oatmeal bread is certainly going to have more maple undertones in comparison to the oatmeal honey bread. However, for a strong maple flavor for a bread it is really suggested to used some maple flavoring. Using maple sugar and syrup will generally give a hint of maple once the bread has been baked. Jon@KAF

15. kt

I made this bread this weekend, actually, to raffle off with some homemade apple butter. :)

I did have issues in that my dough did not really come together. it never formed a dough ball, more a mass of slightly sticky dough. I weighed everything out (rather than measuring by volume), and I tried to let it set for a bit to let the WW flour soak up the moisture, but it never really became a smooth ball. humidity wasn’t too much of an issue; the weather was cool in CT. overall, the dough rose, and baked fine, and tasted great, but any hints on what I can do to adjust my baking to get a better dough?

If anything I tend to prefer a slightly slack dough when making a whole wheat bread. It likely made your loaf rise better and have a lighter texture. If it is extremely sticky then you can add a few tablespoons of extra flour when mixing or kneading. Jon@KAF

16. Margy

Must be serendipity, just bought a pound of maple sugar from a local producer and had no idea what to use it for. Made it in my bread machine through the first rise, then second rise in the pans and into the oven. Rose beautifully. Used up some bread flour that didn’t quite fit into my storage tub along with the AP and WWW. Since most recipes make 2 loaves, I take the 2nd one to my coworker/friend and his wife as a well-deserved reward for helping/struggling with me to learn Spanish. ( wasn’t good at languages when I was 16; lot harder at 60!). ;-D

Bake and share, Margy – that’s what it’s all about, right? I’m glad you had some maple sugar on hand to try in this recipe; and I’m sure your friend enjoyed the bread. Good luck with your Spanish! :) PJH

17. T.C.

Thank you very much for this wonderful recipe! I have just baked them, and they came out just wonderful! Love the smell of the whole wheat, sweet honey flavor and the moist texture! I will definitely use this recipe again!! :-)

So good to hear, T.C. – thanks so much for taking the time to add your comments here. PJH

18. Ken Gott

I’ve been baking bread for over 45 years. Tried this recipe because my wife likes something with a little extra flavor. I followed the recipe to the tee and……shockingly it turned out great. Thank you. This will become a regular for us.

19. Veronica Gellati

I made this recipe last night. Although I had KAF white whole wheat flour I didn’t have the KAF all purpose – so I used Bob’s Red Mill (which is what I had). I also used the KAF instant yeast. I followed the recipe exactly and I do mean exactly but the results were not what I expected. The dough was stiff and heavy and the breads did not rise anywhere near as high as those pictured here. The bread was excellent in flavor and texture but I was disappointed it did not rise very high. Is this because of the flour? I know whole grain flours do not rise as high as all purpose but I still expected more height. Please let me know what you think.

It certainly could have been the flour, but it sounds like your dough was too dry (this is the #1 killer of a good rise). We use the following measuring technique for all of our recipes. If you are not measuring by weight then it is something I would suggest for future recipes. Jon@KAF

20. Duffydogsmom

Hi, made this for the second time today. The first time I knew it wasn’t right as soon as I started mixing it. I killed the yeast by adding it too soon. Not easily defeated, I tried it again today. I could tell right away that I didn’t kill the yeast, I had a nice soft dough. This time however I did not get very much “oven spring”. My loaves did not rise in the oven much more that the inch above the rim of the loaf pan. They smell delicious, just don’t have that high rise look of the ones in the pictures.

Hi – First, check the inside top measurements of your bread pan. If they’re greater than 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, then that would account for the lower rise. Many people use a 9″ x 5″ pan without realizing it can make so much difference in the look of the loaf. If you’ve used a 9″ x 5″ pan, and let it rise 1″ above the rim, then it rose too long, and simply didn’t have enough oomph to continue to rise in the oven. If your pan measures 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, then the answer isn’t as apparent. Could be your oven wasn’t hot enough? Be sure to use an independent oven thermometer set inside the oven; in other words, don’t rely on your oven thermometer dial, as ovens can be very inaccurate, especially as far as saying they’re preheated, when they’re actually far from being up to full heat. Beyond that – I’d suggest calling our hotline, 855-371-BAKE (2253); perhaps a real-time conversation will help you get to the bottom of this. Good luck – PJH

21. Jyoti

Made this bread. Loved the rise and everything about the recipe. Its a healthy recipe and a sure keeper. Going to make it again and again. Only thing i was worried is the amount of sugar (i used brown sugar). Felt it was a bit more; not from the taste point of view but from health point. Do you thing i could reduce the sugar?

You can, though I would expect a slower rise and a little less browning in the final loaf. Jon@KAF

22. Amy

This is seriously the best wheat bread recipe that I have ever come across. Absolutely delicious. Thank you so much! This will now be the only whole wheat bread that I bake!

23. Dhebard

Made this last night. What a great recipe and fantastic results! I used KAF Whole Wheat instead of White Whole Wheat, brown sugar instead of syrup. Only other change was I used all but 1/2cup of the KAF All Purpose Flour. Mixed in my KitchenAid mixer and used the 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 bread pans. First rise took about an hour, second rise about the same. Lots of oven spring. Great tasting bread, though I may omit the cinnamon next go round.

Kudos for a great recipe!

24. Katy

I’ve had SO much trouble with bread lately. I’ve been using a recipe that’s worked well for me before. I’ve attempted it 4 times in the past couple of week, the first time it was great, and the last 3 times I’ve made it, it’s failed completely. I want to try this recipe instead but I have no AP flour. I have whole wheat that we grind here at home, white wheat, and bread flour. Can I use the bread flour instead of the AP flour or would I better off to wait until I get AP flour? I have a hard time getting the dough “smooth and satiny.” It pretty much always seems seems sticky. I was thinking I needed to knead it longer (the last time the other bread worked I had kneeded it for a long time) but your instructions say to only knead for 5-7 minutes with a mixer… Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

1. Amy Trage

Hi Katy! I’d be happy to help you with all of these wonderful questions, but they definitely deserve a more detailed chat on the phone. Please give our baker’s hotline a call at your convenience. 855-371-2253. ~Amy

25. Barb

This bread even in dough stage smells delicious! Doubled it, left out cinnamon and it is now on it’s last rising and looking lovely! Have been using bread machines for the last 15 years but my last one bit the dust so as we absolutely do not buy store bread (tastes like – well nothing) went back to scratch prep. So many choices, but enjoy your site – live in northern Manitoba so I consider it a real treat to order from King Arthur; love saf yeast but I need a bigger order what with shipping costs. Next on my list is a multi-grain and a rye. Thanks!!

26. Barb

PS: the shower cap is a great idea, beats using plastic wrap and chucking it. If my time is
    short and it is -50C outside, I preheat the oven and let the bread rise on top of the stove covered with a tea towel . Keeps the kitchen warmer too .

While we haven’t yet made this one in a bread machine, it should work. You will want to halve the quantity.~Jaydl@KAF

27. dmr2000

Being a new baker (this is my 4th bread) I wondered why after letting the liquid and oatmeal ingredients sit for 10-15 minutes, there was no instruction to test the temp of the liquid before adding the yeast and remaining ingredients. I decided to check it anyway and it was a whopping 120 degrees! I think this is a good “tip” to add for a new baker like myself. Also, I added 3 ounces of premium whole wheat and 3 ounces of white whole wheat to equal the 6 ounces of wheat flour. I split the dough for my two 9×5 loaf pans (one loaf weighed in at 6.75grams and the other at 6.9grams). The Baker’s Hotline advised that using the 9×5 pans, the dough in this case would rise just slightly above the rim of the loaf pan not the full inch above. After 90 minutes my dough was level with the rim of the pan so I decided to cook it at that height. It didn’t raise much more during baking and I wonder if that had to do with the mix of wheat flours??? However, brushing them with butter and allowing them to fully cool, the finished product is very tasty and has a lovely honey flavor shining through.

Thank you for all those tips, they are great pointers to keep in mind. When you increased the percentage of whole wheat flours, that most likely did result in a denser loaf as we recommend adding about 2T extra liquid per cup of substituted whole wheat flour. We also suggest you let the dough rest a while (20-30 min) before the first knead to allow the bran and germ of the whole wheat flour to hydrate more fully which will keep them from cutting through so much of your gluten and allowing you to maintain a better rise. If you give those two changes a try, hopefully you can get a lighter loaf with the same tasty flavor. Happy Baking! Jocelyn@KAF

28. bbiswas

I was looking for whole grain recipes and decided to be bold and adapt this to fit DH and mine pre-diabetic indulgence. I cut the recipe in half to make one loaf (kept the yeast to 1 tbsp). Don’t/ can’t use white flour, so completely substituted WWW for the AP flour. Added an ounce of OJ per your tips to mask the wheat-y taste. I also swapped equal volume of flax seed oil for the butter. Didn’t have maple sugar, used Splenda brown sugar substitute. Kept the honey. Dumped WWW and oats to soak in the OJ and hot water together.

The result was pleasantly delightful! I was surprised the recipe took all my abuse, and still gave me a beautiful soft and flavorful loaf. The second rise wasn’t as tall as 1″ above the rim, but the bread was soft, nicely risen and tasty! A tad too sweet, but I am not complaining. Thank you so much for a recipe that is so forgiving!

I believe yeast baking is incredibly forgiving – people just have to discover the fact for themselves, as you clearly did. So glad you tried this recipe and make it your own – enjoy! PJH