The Baking Sheet: A poem for bakers

cover-peel-back

It’s hard to capture a relationship between a person and his or her favorite baking publication, but we can try…

Some read it in bed readinbed

Some read and are fed

bbitesjimSome mark their wishes

mark wishesFor new favorite dishes

Chicken Pie with stuffing crust, aka "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!"

Chicken Pie with stuffing crust, aka “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!”

Some read to learn more

Cherry Strudel from Summer 2013Some take to the storetaketothestore-562x750

Some cook with fire
cookwithfire

Some just admire

Apricot-Almond Sweet Bread, Holiday 2013

Apricot-Almond Sweet Bread, Holiday 2013

For those in the mood for those in the moodFor excellent food excellent food
And interesting stories

excellent stories
Of all baking glories

Amish Dinner Rolls, Sweet Potato Biscuit Casserole, Steamed Harvest Bread, NE Thanksgiving Bread
In print or on app

bs-combined
Turn pages or tap

cover-peel-back

Just join us! Make haste!

Show off your good taste

You’ll be in for a treat

Rum Raisin Cupcakes Winter 2014 Rum Raisin Cupcakes, Winter 2014

With each Baking Sheet
a sneak peak at our Early Spring cover

Sneak preview of our Early Spring 2014 cover

Visit our Baking Sheet page to learn more about all the ways you can subscribe!

Susan Reid

Susan Reid grew up in New Jersey, graduated from Bates College and the Culinary Institute of America, and is presently enjoying her fourth career after stints in advertising, running restaurants, and teaching at the New England Culinary Institute. She joined King Arthur in 2002 to ...

comments

1. Paul from Ohio

Nice – I guess I’m MANY of the above! Love it Susan….Lemon-Ginger cookies all the rage over here. Discovered Ginger with less fibrous pittooo ie – not yet tried to verify their claims.

1. Susan Reid , post author

Thanks, Paul! I’m glad to know you’re on the receiving end. Lotsa good stuff coming up! Susan

1. Susan Reid , post author

Thanks, Rebecca! It’s a little different than many others because there’s soooo much content, but we’ve become used to having that handy index around ourselves! Susan

2. Liliana Szachury

Wow!!! congratulations Susan Reid!!! I wish be you!!! I love King Arthur Flour and all of you!!! maybe now you are soooooooooo happy there!!!!

3. gaa

For baked goods and treats that can’t be beat,

When a new Baking Sheet issue arrives, its pages I scour,
    for more great ways to use King Arthur Flour!

Thanks Susan and KAF for such a wonderful publication!

1. Susan Reid , post author

Oh, that’s awesome. Love that one bit of doggerel can so inspire! Thanks with a big smile. Susan

4. Doreen Matthew

Hi Susan,
    Just a question, I have a digital subscription and the Winter 2014 Bakers Sheet appears on my ap, but when I click on it, it says my subscription doesn’t cover this edition. Soooo, then I clicked to update my subscription in case it wasn’t covered and it says I already own this edition. It will let me preview, but not read the articals. Any help?

Sorry for the inconvenience, gentle baker. It’s best to call our amazing customer service reps at 800-827-6836 and we’ll be able to look up your subscription and make any adjustments. Happy Baking – Irene@KAF

5. skg

Thanks so much for the blog post on the Baking sheet. It was just the motivation I needed to subscribe to the digital version for my ipad. I would have loved to have both paper and digital, but I am trying to cut down the paper mags in my kitchen (yes, tooooo many cookbooks I can’t part with), and access to ALL previous pubs is really incredible. In fact, I am entertaining myself today reading these fabulous recipes, tips, etc.
    It’s an amazing bargain!
    Oh, and made exceptional Banana Pudding from a back issue.
    Will search out recipes today for tomorrow’s wall to wall football!

6. gaa

I must be having a senior moment but I can’t find the recipe for the chicken pie with stuffing crust which looks awesome. Can you help me out?

1. MaryJane Robbins

Hi Gaa,
      The recipe is in the most recent issue of the Baking Sheet. Those recipes are not posted online. :) ~ MJ

7. Nancie

I’m curious about something. I have the two decade CDs (1990 – 2009) of The Baking Sheet in pdf form. I jus got the free app and really like that I can use that to search for content in these issues that I already purchased separately. My question is about a digital subscription. I understand that if I subscribe, that gives me automatic access to the current issue and everything before that (and the rest of the issues for that new subscription.) But what is the format for the new digital issues and those back issues? Are they pdf like the ones I have on the CDs? I read that I can print from the issues but if I subscribe for a year for example and then decide not to renew, will I still have access to the issues for the subscription year? Also, do I have to go through the app to access subscription issues I’ve purchased? Can I save them to my computer (where I can access them and print them since I can’t print from my Android tablet?) Thanks

1. Susan Reid , post author

Hi, Nancie. All good questions. The app platform can do a little more than the .pdfs. We’ve linked ingredients to the website, and where it makes sense, we’ve linked recipes to each other (pie crusts, or sauces that make sense with a dish, for example). Going forward, we’re planning on embeding some video for how-tos and possibly some slide shows.
      As long as one’s digital subscription is current, you have access to everything. Digital subscribers can access the app from their computer desktop. The .url to do that is bakingsheet.kingarthurflour.com. Any issue you download stays on your device and you have access to it as long as it stays on the device. For tablets, that’s going to eat a lot of space.
      Digital subscriptions are authorized to be used on up to 10 devices. I hope this helps. Susan

8. rova85

Love my subscription to the digital Baking Sheet. But I wish I could delete or archive the issues that I’ve downloaded then read on my IPad. I know I can do this by deleting the app then redownloading it from the App store. But would be nice if i could get them off my Ipad like I can with read issues of all the magazines and books that I’ve purchased and am finished with.

1. MaryJane Robbins

I’ll ask Susan to stop by and take a look, as she owns an iPad and uses the app frequently. ~ MJ

2. Susan Reid , post author

Hi, Rova. There is a way to do just what you’re asking about. On the ipad, under the wheel on the top nav bar, open “settings”.
      Touch “manage”. You’ll get a text list of issues that you’ve downloaded. Touch “edit” and you’ll get the round red icon with the minus sign next to it. Now you can delete any issue you don’t want to have taking up space on your device. Susan

3. rova85

Thanks Susan…I’ve had my Ipad just 6 months and am still learning “how tos”. I also really like how the KAF website fits my ipad. “Print View” is perfect for kitchen use.

9. Kalisa

Haha, I kept trying to click on the recipe for the Bacon Cheese Pinwheels and was confused on why I kept getting rebuffed! Your website has me too well trained on all the available recipes.

Good price for the app, I will think on it and most likely give it a shot!