French Herb Bread Mix
To make rustic country loaves:
Prepare the mix through its first rise, as directed on the package.
- (1) Gently deflate the dough, and divide it in half.
- (2) Working with one half at a time, press it flat, and fold it in half lengthwise.
- (3) Repeat the process, sealing the lengthwise seam with your thumbs.
- (4) Now you have a rather lumpy piece of dough; that’s OK!
- (5) Gently roll the dough, seam-side down, into a smooth, 15” rope.
- (6) Repeat with the other piece of dough.
- (7) Once the loaves have risen, use a sharp knife to make a lengthwise slash in each of them.
- (8) Spritz with water.
- (9) Bake and enjoy!