gluten-free yellow cake mix
gluten-free almond cake
- To make a lovely, soft almond bundt cake from our gluten-free yellow cake mix, add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to the butter and oil, and 1 cup almond flour* to the mix.
- Bake in a 12-cup bundt cake pan at 325°F for 50 to 60 minutes until the internal temperature is 212°F.
- for the glaze: combine 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, 4 to 6 tablespoons milk or cream.
- Whisk together using the smallest amount of liquid, and add milk or cream until you get a glaze the texture of molasses. Drizzle over cooled cake and sprinkle with sliced or slivered almonds if desired.
gluten-free lemon bundt cake
- To make a scrumptious lemon bundt cake from our gluten-free yellow cake mix, add the finely grated zest of two lemons to the butter and oil, and 1 cup almond flour* to the mix.
- Bake in a 12-cup bundt cake pan at 325°F for 55 to 60 minutes until the until the cake is brown and the middle of the cake feels firm when pressed. The internal temperature should be 210°212°F.
- Remove cake from the oven, let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out of the pan onto a rack.
- Brush the warm cake with the glaze from the lemon bliss cake.
gluten-free orange layer cake
- To make a bright and zesty orange cake from our gluten-free yellow cake mix, add the finely-grated zest of an orange to the butter and oil, and substitute orange juice for the milk in the mix directions. Bake as directed.
* If you don’t have almond flour, grind 2/3 cups of blanched almonds with half the mix in your blender or food processor until powdery, then combine with the rest of the cake mix.