Traditional Shortbread Cookie Mix
Scrumptious salty-sweet pecan pie bars come together quickly and easily with the help of our versatile Traditional Shortbread Cookie Mix.
- Pecan pie bars
- These pecan pie bars have all the salty-sweet, gooey goodness of pecan pie on top of a complementary tender shortbread base. They come together quickly and easily with the help of our cookie mix and pie filling.
- The crust: Prepare the shortbread cookie mix according to package instructions. Press the dough into the bottom of a lightly greased (or parchment-lined) 9"x13" pan. Bake the shortbread crust in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden. Remove from the oven.
- Topping: While the shortbread is baking, prepare the topping. Microwave the pecan pie filling in its jar (remove the lid) just until it softens enough to come out of the jar easily. Pour the filling into a large bowl. Stir in 4 large eggs. Pour the topping over the crust.
- Return the bars to the oven and bake them for 4045 minutes, until their edges are firm, and the center just barely jiggles when you shake the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares or rectangles.
- Yield: 24 to 32 bars