1) Combine all of the ingredients, and mix and knead them — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to form a smooth, supple dough.
2) Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl, and allow the dough to rise until it's puffy though not necessarily doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased or floured work surface. Shape it into a 6" x 15" rectangle, and place it in a lightly greased New England hotdog bun pan.
4) Grease the bottom of a clean baking sheet and place it on top of the pan so the rising dough will fill the pan evenly.
5) Let the dough rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until it's almost filled the pan.
6) Preheat your oven to 375°F.
7) With the baking sheet still on top, bake the buns for 25 minutes.
8) Remove the baking sheet and bake 5 minutes longer, to brown the buns, if necessary.
9) Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, then turn the buns out of the pan to cool completely on a rack.
10) When completely cool, slice each bun down the middle horizontally, without cutting through the bottom; then separate into individual buns.
Yield: 10 buns.