1) Combine all ingredients into a smooth, soft dough.
2) Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Or, let the dough go through its first rising in your bread machine.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased work surface and deflate it gently.
4) Form the dough into a 9" log. Place the loaf in a 9" x 5" loaf pan, cover, and set aside to rise for 1 hour, or until it's crowned 1" over the rim of the pan. While the bread is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) Bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes, tenting it with foil after about 25 minutes if it's browning too quickly. The bread is done when its internal temperature registers 190°F on an instant read thermometer.
6) Remove the bread from the oven, turn it out of the pan, and cool it completely on a rack.
Yield: one 9" sandwich loaf.