|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||2 dozen 4" bars|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and line a 9" x 13" pan.
2) Place the white chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Heat in the microwave at 30-second intervals, or over simmering water, until the chocolate softens. When the butter is melted and the white chocolate looks soft, transfer to a mixing bowl.
3) Add the sugar, almond, vanilla, and salt, and beat to combine; the mixture may start to separate at this point, but it will come back together as you add the eggs.
4) Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. After you've added the final egg, beat the batter until it's thick and smooth.
5) Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and almond flour in a separate bowl, then add to the batter, stirring just until combined.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7) Bake the cake for 25 minutes, until it's light golden brown and the edges pull just slightly away from the pan.
8) Remove the pan from the oven, and cool the cake in the pan.
9) Prepare the icing by beating all the ingredients together until smooth and spreadable.
10) Once the cake is cool, remove it from the pan, and spread it with the icing. For a flatter surface, turn the cake over and ice the bottom side, rather than the rounded top.
11) Garnish with sliced almonds.
12) Trim the uneven edges of the cake, then cut it in half lengthwise. Cut each length into eight 1"-wide bars. Note: For easier and more precise cutting, freeze the cake for 30 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 2 dozen 4" bars.