1) To make the filling: Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. When the butter foams, add the remaining ingredients.
2) Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened slightly. Remove the pan from the heat and cool while you prepare the batter.
3) To make the batter: Whisk together the dry ingredients.
4) Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the dry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Don't over-mix; the batter should be lumpy.
5) Heat and lightly grease your stuffed pancake pan. Don't have a stuffed pancake pan? See tip at left.
6) Pour about a scant tablespoon of batter into each well. Place a scant teaspoon of the filling into the middle of each, then top with another scant tablespoon of batter.
7) Cook the stuffed pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, flip, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Remove from the pan, roll in the sugar of your choice, and serve warm.
Yield: 18 aebleskiver.