1) Slice the bacon into 1" slices and cook in a large skillet until well browned. Drain the fat and reserve the bacon.
2) Place the cooked bacon and all other ingredients into a 2 quart or larger crock pot. Cover and cook over high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
3) Remove the cooked jam from the crock pot, fish out the bay leaves, and carefully transfer to a food processor or blender. Pulse until the consistency is to your liking, a soft spreadable jam. You can leave the bacon in larger bits or pulse until very small, your choice.
4) If you find the jam too liquid for your taste, transfer to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the liquid has evaporated and the jam is thick and syrupy. Adjust the seasonings and serve warm.
5) Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Warm in the microwave before serving.
Yield: 2 cups jam.