|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease the cups of a 24-cup mini-tart pan, or mini-muffin pan.
2) Combine the brown sugar, cranberries, and walnuts.
3) Roll the pastry 1/8" to 1/4" thick on a floured surface. Cut out 2 dozen 2 3/4" squares, using a knife or pastry wheel and a straight edge; an accordion cutter, or a pastry/biscuit cutter. You'll probably need to gather and re-roll the dough a couple of times to get the right amount of squares.
4) Press the center of the squares into the prepared mini tart or muffin cups; their corners should stick out from the edge of the cups. Fill each square with 1/2 teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture, and top with a cube of Brie.
5) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the Brie is just beginning to bubble.
6) Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove the pastries from the pan, and serve warm.
Yield: 24 appetizers.