1) Combine all of the ingredients, then mix and knead ? using your hands, a stand mixer, or a bread machine ? to make a soft, slightly sticky dough. It'll seem dry at first, but as you knead the dough will soften up and become sticky. Adjust its consistency by adding more water or flour only after kneading for several minutes.
2) Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour. It'll become somewhat puffy, but probably won't double in bulk.
3) Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a log, and place in two lightly greased 8 ˝" x 4 ˝" loaf pan.
4) Cover the pans with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the bread to rise till it's crowned about ˝" over the rim of the pan, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
5) Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until its interior registers 190°F on an instant-read thermometer.
6) Remove the bread from the oven, turn it out of the pan, and allow it to cool on a rack.
Yield: 2 loaves.