1) To make the crust: Beat together the butter, sugar, flavorings, and salt.
2) Whisk together the flour and almond flour (if you're using it), and mix into the butter. The mixture will be crumbly.
3) Press the crust into the bottom and up sides of a 9" to 10" round tart pan. Use a fork to prick the dough all over. Freeze for 30 minutes (or longer), covered. Just before baking, preheat the oven to 375°F.
4) Bake the crust for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
5) Prepare the filling, and spread it into the cooled crust.
6) Top with raspberries and blueberries, and serve immediately.
7) If you're not going to serve the tart immediately, add a glaze to keep the fruit fresh. Use a tart glaze spray, or the following.
8) To make the glaze: Mix the brown sugar into the juice. Soften the gelatin in the juice for 5 minutes or so, then heat in the microwave or over low heat until the gelatin dissolves. Let cool to lukewarm.
9) Brush some of the glaze over the fruit.
Yield: 9" tart, 8 to 10 servings.
We find it easy to make our own tart glazes, either with sugar and juice with a bit of gelatin, or by gently melting jam. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF
No, the almond flour is not essential to the structure of the shell, but the AP flour is. Don't reduce the AP flour. Laurie@KAF