1) To make the dough: Mix and knead together all of the dough ingredients, by hand, mixer, or bread machine, till you've created a soft, smooth dough.
2) Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 1 hour. Use immediately, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours; this will heighten the crust's flavor.
3) Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and divide it in half. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
4) Lightly grease two 12" to 14" round pizza pans; or a couple of baking sheets; or a couple of pieces of parchment (if you're going to bake on a stone).
5) Shape each piece of dough into a 10" to 14" disk (thick crust vs. thin crust), and place in the prepared pans.
6) Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let rise for 1 to 2 hours, till the crust is as puffy as you like. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
7) Spread the diced raw bacon evenly atop the risen crusts. Bake them for 22 to 24 minutes, till they're golden brown,and the bacon is cooked through. While the crusts are baking, prepare the dressing.
8) To make the dressing, whisk together the sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in the crumbled blue cheese.
9) Remove the baked crusts from the oven. Immediately spread with the blue cheese dressing (or plain mayo, if desired). Top with chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
10) Serve warm.
11) Yield: two 12" pizzas.