|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
1) To make the meatballs: Combine the pork, cilantro, garlic, chili sauce, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
2) Form the mixture into 1" meatballs — a teaspoon cookie scoop works well here.
3) Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the meatballs for 15 minutes, until browned and cooked through, turning so they brown evenly. Remove the meatballs from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
4) Combine all the salad ingredients; set them aside.
5) Combine the mayonnaise and chopped scallions in a small bowl.
6) For the sandwiches: Cut the bread in half horizontally. Spread the bottom halves with the mayonnaise mixture, then top with the meatballs, salad, jalapeño, and cilantro.
7) Serve immediately. A glass of sweet Vietnamese-style iced coffee is a great (and traditional) accompaniment.
Yield: 6 sandwiches.