1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" square baking pan.
2) Melt 1 cup of the chips and the butter together; cool slightly.
3) Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, flax meal, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.
5) Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until blended, then add the fruits, nuts, and remaining cup of chips. Mix well; the prunes tend to stick together and will need some encouragement to distribute themselves evenly.
6) Bake the brownies until a tester comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven, and cool completely before cutting.
Yield: 25 brownies.