1) Combine all of the ingredients, and mix and knead — by hand, electric mixer, or bread machine — to make a stiff, sticky dough.
2) Cover the dough, and let it rise until it's almost doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3) Divide the dough into three pieces, and shape them into logs.
4) Place in greased canapé tubes, attach caps to ends, and allow the loaves to rise until they've filled the tubes 3/4 full, about 30 minutes. If you're not using canapé tubes, shape the dough into three long, thin loaves, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
5) While the loaves are rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
6) Bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes, until the crust is brown and the internal temperature registers at least 190°F. If you're baking loaves without the tubes, bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Remove the bread from the oven, remove the end caps, and cool in the tubes for 10 minutes. Remove from the tubes, and cool completely on a rack.
Yield: 3 small loaves.