1) To make the dough: Mix and knead all the ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to make a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
2) Cover the dough, and let it rest for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until doubled in bulk.
3) To make the filling: Combine the sugar, ClearJel, and cinnamon.
4) Toss the apples with the lemon juice; combine them with the sugar mixture.
5) Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface. Roll it into a 12" x 24" rectangle.
6) Spread with the filling, and top with walnuts.
7) Starting with a long side, roll the dough into a log and seal the edge.
8) Cut 12 equal slices; place them cut-side up in standard muffin cups lined with lightly greased baking papers.
9) Cover the buns and let them rise until puffy, 60 to 90 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
10) Bake the buns for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
11) Remove the buns from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with caramel sauce.
Yield: 12 buns.