1) Preheat your oven to 450°F, with a pizza stone in the middle or lower part (not top) of of the oven. If you're not using a stone, preheat a baking sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes before placing breads on it to bake.
2) Mix the flour, semolina, salt, and water, stirring to make a soft dough.
3) Knead till dough is smooth and resilient, about 7 minutes in a stand mixer set at medium speed.
4) Divide the dough into 12 pieces, rounding each piece into a ball. Cover the balls and let them relax for about 15 minutes; this will make them easier to roll out.
5) Roll each ball of dough into an 8" to 9" round on a lightly greased (NOT floured) work surface. The rounds will shrink to about 7".
6) Transfer the rounds, 2 or 3 at a time, to your baking sheet or the hot pizza stone. Bake until the top of the bread is firm and lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Turn them over, and bake until the other side is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven, and cool on a rack. Serve with spreads or dips. Or brush with seasoned olive oil, and sprinkle with a touch of salt.
Yield: 12 carta.