1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
2) Combine the flour, cheese powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) Work in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
4) Stir in the cheese, cranberries, and walnuts.
5) Mix the buttermilk and egg, and gently stir into the dry ingredients.
6) Scoop the dough into the pan, spreading it to the edges.
7) Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, tenting it with foil for the final 10 to 15 minutes of baking, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Its internal temperature at the center will be about 200°F.
8) Remove the bread from the oven, and loosen the edges with a table knife. Wait 5 minutes, then gently turn it out onto a rack to cool. Don't slice while hot; it'll crumble.
Yield: 1 loaf, 8 to 12 servings.