1) Combine all of the ingredients, and mix and knead — by hand, using a mixer, or in a bread machine set on the manual or dough setting — to make a smooth, supple dough.
2) Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until it's doubled in size.
3) Gently deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly greased surface. Divide it into 24 pieces, and roll each piece into a smooth ball.
4) Space the rolls evenly in two 9" round cake pans, or a 9" x 13" pan. Cover the pan(s), and let the rolls rise for 30 to 45 minutes, until they've puffed a bit. While the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
5) Bake the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes, until they're golden brown and feel firm to the touch. Remove them from the oven, and after 5 minutes carefully turn them out of the pan(s) onto a rack to cool.
Yield: 24 rolls.