1) Rub the inside of your fondue pot with the garlic clove, and discard the clove. This is more for good karma; you'll barely taste the garlic, if at all.
2) Bring the wine and lemon juice to a gentle simmer on the stove. If you're using a stovetop-safe fondue pot, do this right in the pot.
3) Toss the cheese and cornstarch or Signature Secrets till well combined; shaking everything in a plastic bag works well here.
4) A small handful at a time, stir the cheese into the simmering wine mixture. Make sure all of the cheese is melted before adding the next handful.
5) Once all the cheese has been added, stir in dry mustard and nutmeg, if desired.
6) Place the fondue pot over its heat source, and serve immediately. If you've made the fondue in a saucepan, transfer it to your fondue pot before serving.
7) Serve with chunks of bread, vegetable sticks, cherry tomatoes, or your favorite dippers.
Yield: about 4 cups fondue.