1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, coconut milk powder and sugars. Stir the coconut milk powder through a strainer as you add it to the mixing bowl, to take out any lumps.
3) Beat in the egg, corn syrup, and coconut flavor. Scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl, and beat for another 30 seconds to make sure everything is evenly combined.
4) Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; beat into the butter mixture until evenly combined.
5) Mix in the coconut and chocolate chips or chunks.
6) Scoop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes. A tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
7) Bake just until the edges of the cookies are a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling completely.
Yield: 40 cookies.