1) Whisk together the flour, salt, yeast, and seeds.
2) Work in the soft butter and water, then mix and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and pliable.
3) Form the dough into a ball, place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise for an hour or more, until puffy.
4) Turn the dough out onto a greased surface and fold it over several times. Divide the dough into six pieces; each will weigh about 2 3/4 ounces. Roll each piece into a ball.
5) Cover the balls with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
6) Starting with the first ball you made, roll each ball of dough into a rough 8" to 9" circle; circles should be a scant 1/8" thick.
7) Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle on medium heat for a minute or two, and brush the pan with oil just before cooking the first bread.
8) Place a dough round in the pan. Cook the first side for 1 to 2 minutes, until it starts to bubble and has some darkish brown spots; flip over and bake the second side until firm.
9) Stack the breads as they come off the griddle to keep them warm and soft.
Yield: 6 flatbreads.