1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8" x 8" pan or 9" round cake pan with parchment.
2) Spread the pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan.
3) Roll or flatten the caramel into a thin sheet, and place it evenly on top of the pecans. If you're using individual caramel candies, roll them individually, then place them, overlapping slightly, over the pecans.
4) Put the pan in the oven and heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the caramel softens and begins to melt.
5) Remove the pan from the oven, wait 1 minute, then evenly distribute the chocolate over the softened caramel. Sprinkle the Fleur de Sel or sea salt atop the chocolate.
6) Once the caramel and chocolate have cooled and set, use the parchment to help you lift the candy out of the pan.
7) Use a small (about 1 1/2") heart cutter to cut the candy into hearts.
Yield: about 28 to 32 candy hearts.