Preheat the oven to 300°F. Heavily grease the wells and top surface of a mini cheesecake or filled teacake pan.
1) Gently heat the chocolate and butter together till just melted. Set them aside.
2) Process the dried cherries and sugar in a food processor until the cherries are finely chopped.
3) Stir together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, cloves, and baking powder.
4) Add the cherries and sugar, brandy, and egg whites, mixing to combine thoroughly.
5) Stir in the chocolate mixture.
6) Fill each well of the pan 3/4 full.
7) Bake the cakes for 25 minutes, until the top of one springs back when touched gently, and a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
8) Cool the cakes for 5 minutes in the pan. Place a baking sheet over the top of the pan, turn over, and lift the pan up to release the cakes. If you're using a mini cheesecake pan, push the removable bottoms and release the cakes.
9) Top with hard sauce, brandied cherries, ice cream, or simple whipped cream.