1) Make sure your strawberries are washed, dried, and at room temperature. Using berries with fresh green leaves (rather than bedraggled, brownish leaves) is a better choice.
2) Ready a piece of parchment paper, foil, or waxed paper large enough to hold the berries in a single layer. Place the paper on a baking sheet.
3) Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat it for about 1 minute, just till it looks soft and shiny.
4) Use a spoon to stir the chocolate till it's melted and smooth.
5) Grasp a strawberry by its stem, and swirl it in the chocolate to coat all sides. Place on the paper or foil.
6) Repeat with the remaining berries, spacing them so they don't touch.
7) Refrigerate the berries for 20 minutes; this will set the chocolate. Remove them from the refrigerator, and let them harden completely at room temperature.
8) Serve the same day, if possible.
9) Yield: 1 quart chocolate-dipped strawberries.