|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||1 1/2 cups glaze|
1) Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, and divide it evenly between two bowls.
2) Pour the simmering water into one, and whisk until smooth. Add this water/chocolate mix to the other bowl in thirds, whisking after each addition.
3) Allow the glaze temperature to cool to 90°F, then dip or spread on cookies. Glaze will harden overnight.
4) If the glaze becomes too thick, reheat it gently and resume dipping.
5) The proportion of water to chocolate varies with the chocolate, so if you use something other than Merckens, you might need a little more or a little less water. Glaze is the correct consistency when it's smooth, thick, and glossy.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups glaze.