1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan. To ensure that the bars release from the pan without sticking, line your greased pan with parchment paper, and grease the parchment.
2) Combine the butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl, stirring until smooth.
3) Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and salt.
4) Combine the flour and baking powder. Add these dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, stirring to combine.
5) Fold in the chocolate, cranberries, and half the coconut flakes.
6) Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan, sprinkling the remaining coconut evenly over the top.
7) Bake the bars for 25 to 30 minutes, until they're golden brown on the edges and top.
8) Remove the bars from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan before cutting and serving.
Yield: about 2 dozen 2" squares.