1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with papers) a 12-cup muffin pan.
2) To make the cake: Beat the butter, sugar, and flavors together until blended.
3) Add the eggs one at a time, beating and scraping the bowl after each addition.
4) Add the flour alternately with the buttermilk or yogurt, mixing gently and scraping the bowl after each addition.
5) Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
6) Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden around the edges. Remove them from the oven and, after 5 minutes, turn them out of the pan to cool on a rack.
7) To make the frosting: Beat the butter, coconut milk powder, and salt until fluffy.
8) Add the sugar, beating until fluffy.
9) Beat in the flavors.
10) Pipe or spread about 2 tablespoons of frosting onto each cupcake, and garnish with coconut.
Yield: 12 cupcakes.