1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan, plus 4 cups of another pan; if you don't have two pans, you'll need to bake in batches, as this recipe makes 16 muffins. Line the cups with papers, and grease the papers.
2) Whisk together the vegetable oil, eggs, milk, and chia seeds. Set aside for 5 minutes, to allow the seeds to soften.
3) Whisk together the cornmeal, Hi-maize fiber, flour, buttermilk powder, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in the dried cranberries.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just until blended.
5) Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, using about 1/4 cup batter for regular size muffins, or 1/2 cup batter for 8 tall muffins using tulip papers. Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes.
6) Bake the muffins until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Remove them from the oven, and tip in the pans to cool before transferring from the pan to a rack to cool completely.
Yield: 16 regular muffins, or 8 large tulip-paper muffins.