1) To make the pancakes: Combine the starter, flour, and milk. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes in a warm place.
2) Add the oil, baking soda, salt, and egg and stir until combined. Fold in the corn and scallions.
3) Heat a silver dollar pancake pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan, then scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each of the cups. To make the pancakes using a griddle, heat it to 350°F, grease, and scoop heaping tablespoons onto the surface.
4) Flip each pancake over when its surface bubbles and the edges are slightly dry. Continue cooking until the bottom is golden.
5) Repeat with the remaining batter.
6) To make the salad: Combine all the ingredients except the sour cream. Scoop 1 tablespoon of salad and 1 teaspoon of sour cream onto each warm pancake, and serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 20 to 22 small pancakes.