1) To make the crust: Whisk together the flour, Hi-Maize, cheese powder, salt, paprika, and pepper.
2) Cut the butter into pats, and work it into the flour to form uneven crumbs.
3) Toss in the cheese.
4) Add the water, tossing with the flour mixture until all is moistened. Add an extra tablespoon or two of water if needed to make the dough cohesive.
5) Divide the dough in half, pat each half into a disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
6) To make the filling: Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
7) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
8) Roll one piece of the dough into a 9" x 12" square.
9) Cut it into twelve 3" squares.
10) Fit each square into the cup of a removable bottom mini square tart pan.
11) Trim the edges flush with the pan.
12) Place a teaspoon each of crab, peppers, and shredded cheese into each cup.
13) Pour the milk-egg mixture atop the filling in the cups.
14) Sprinkle with the chopped scallions.
15) Bake the tarts for 18 to 22 minutes. Remove them from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
16) Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve warm, or refrigerate and reheat for 10 minutes at 375°F if serving later.