1) To make the crust: Whisk together the flour, Hi-maize, cheese powder, salt, paprika, and cayenne.
2) Work the butter into the flour to form coarse crumbs. Toss in the cheese.
3) Drizzle in the water, stirring until the dough is cohesive; add more water if necessary. Pat the dough into a disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4) To make the filling: Combine the crabmeat, diced pepper, and cheese; set aside.
5) Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
6) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
7) Roll the dough into a 12" circle, and place it into a 9" tart pan or pie pan.
8) Add the crab mixture, then pour in the milk-egg mixture.
9) Sprinkle with the chopped scallions.
10) Bake the quiche for 27 to 30 minutes, until it's barely set in the center. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: one 9" quiche, 8 to 10 servings.