1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, orange juice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) Beat in the egg until combined; scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
4) Add the flour, mixing until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks, cranberries, and nuts.
5) Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
6) Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown around the edges. They won't look set in the center; that's OK.
7) Remove them from the oven, and let them cool on the pan.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies.