1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) To make the crust: Process the crackers, sugar, and melted butter in a food processor until crumbly and well combined.
3) Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan.
4) Bake the crust for about 7 to 8 minutes, until it's set, but not brown. Remove from the oven and cool.
5) To make the filling: Put the chips (or chopped chocolate) and cream in a microwave-safe container, and heat for about 90 seconds.
6) Remove from the microwave, and stir until the mixture becomes smooth and dark brown; you're simply making a basic ganache.
7) Spoon the hot ganache into the cooled crust, and sprinkle the nuts on top.
8) Refrigerate the pie for at least 1 hour, probably 2, until the ganache has firmed up.
9) While the pie is chilling, make the topping. Bring the sugar, salt, and cranberry juice to a boil.
10) Stir in the dried cranberries, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
11) Add the fresh or frozen cranberries, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until some of the berries have burst.
12) Remove the cranberries from the heat, spoon into a bowl, and chill.
13) To finish assembling the pie: Spoon 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce atop the fudge/nut filling. Chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 9" pie, 8 to 10 rich servings.