1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-cup capacity ceramic, glass, or metal baking pan; a 9" square pan works well here.
2) To make the cake: Beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange oil or rind.
3) Add the flour alternately with the sour cream or yogurt, stirring after each addition.
4) Stir in the cranberries.
5) Spread the batter in the pan. Stir together the topping ingredients, and sprinkle atop the batter.
6) Bake the coffeecake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7) Remove the cake from the oven, place it on a rack, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) To make the glaze: Stir together the sugar and enough orange juice to make a pourable icing. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings.