1) Peel the hard-boiled eggs, and halve them lengthwise.
2) Carefully remove the yolks. If you have a large-capacity garlic press (or small potato ricer), "rice" the yolks through the garlic press. Otherwise, break them apart gently with a fork.
3) Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
4) Spoon the yolks back into the whites. If you're feeling fancy, pipe using a pastry bag and tip.
5) The traditional garnish is a light sprinkle of paprika atop the yolks; this gives the deviled eggs some color, but is completely optional, of course.
Yield: 12 deviled egg halves, 4 to 6 servings.