|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||9 to 12 servings|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease an 8" x 8" x 2" baking pan or a 2-quart baking dish.
2) To make the filling: Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and spice.
3) Toss with the fruit and lemon juice. Set aside while making the topping.
4) To make the topping: Whisk the baking mix and sugar together.
5) Whisk the cream and vanilla together. Pour into the baking mix, stirring to combine. Add extra baking mix or cream, if needed, to make a soft, "scoopable" dough.
6) To assemble: Pour the fruit mixture (including any syrup that may have formed) into the pan.
7) Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough (a teaspoon cookie scoop is useful here) evenly over the top of the cobbler. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, if desired.
8) Bake the cobbler until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes.
9) Remove the cobbler from the oven and serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
Yield: 9 to 12 servings.