|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||about 12 servings|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" square pan with 2" sides; it's important the pan be deep enough, as the pudding will rise as it bakes.
2) Cut the cake into 1" chunks.
3) Place the cake chunks into the pan, squeezing them together but keeping them in a single layer. If you've used a 9" square cake, use only enough of the chunks to fill the pan in a single layer.
3) Scatter chips, nuts, dried fruit, or berries over the cake, pushing them down into the cracks wherever possible.
4) Whisk together the eggs, coffee creamer, and milk. Pour over the cake in the pan; it should just about cover the cake, with perhaps some "islands" remaining uncovered.
5) Bake the pudding for 40 to 50 minutes, until it's set on top and possibly beginning to brown a bit. The pudding's internal temperature, at the center, should be at least 185°F.
6) Remove the pudding from the oven, and serve warm. Or cool and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, reheat individual servings in the microwave briefly, just until warm. Top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: about 12 servings.