1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) To make the crust: Blend the crust ingredients, and press into the bottom and sides of an 8" or 9" pie pan.
3) Freeze for 15 minutes, then bake for 8 to 10 minutes; the crust won't change much, just become slightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
4) To make the filling: Combine the pastry cream filling mix with milk, cream, and flavorings. Stir until blended, then beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until thick.
5) Stir in the toasted shredded coconut, and spoon the filling into the cooled pie shell.
6) To make the topping: Combine the cream, stabilizer, sugar, and flavorings, whipping until fluffy. Spoon or pipe onto the top of the pie.
7) Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Garnish with toasted large-flake coconut, if desired, and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 8 servings.