|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||2 dozen brownies|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) a 9" x 13" pan. Or, for easiest removal, grease the pan, line with parchment, and grease the parchment.
2) Stir together the melted butter, sugar, and salt.
3) Mix in the cocoa powder, beating gently until smooth.
4) Add the eggs, again beating gently until smooth.
5) Mix in the flour, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla, stirring to combine.
6) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it into the corners.
7) Bake the brownies for 20 to 24 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, and cool completely.
8) To make the glaze, stir together the sugar, melted butter, espresso powder, and milk.
9) Spread the glaze atop the brownies. It won't be thick; that's OK. Allow it to set for several hours, if possible, before cutting.
10) For fun individual servings, use a cookie cutter to cut the finished brownies into stars, circles, or the shapes of your choice.
Yield: 2 dozen 2" brownies.