1) Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Whisk together the eggs, oil or melted butter, and water.
3) Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk until blended. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes ? it will thicken slightly. Add extra water or flour to adjust the consistency for thinner or thicker pancakes.
4) Preheat a griddle to medium high (350°F), and grease it well.
5) Scoop the batter by the 1/4-cupful onto the griddle.
6) Cook until bubbles on the top begin to pop, then turn and brown the other side.
7) Serve hot with maple syrup, or fresh fruit and yogurt.
Yield: 1 dozen 4? pancakes