1) Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2) Beat the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt at medium speed of your mixer, until well-blended.
3) Add the egg and vanilla, and blend on low-medium speed until incorporated.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (a tablespoon cookie scoop is best for this job) and push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly.
6) Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan. The tops should be slightly crinkled and you will want to pull them BEFORE they begin to brown on the edges.
Yield: 18 cookies.
[ Add New Instruction ]