1) Combine all of the ingredients, and mix and knead — by hand, mixer, or bread machine set on the dough cycle — until smooth, adding additional water or flour as needed.
2) Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 hour.
3) Divide the dough into 4 pieces, shape into logs, and place in lightly greased mini loaf pans. For one large loaf, shape the entire piece of dough into a log and place in a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan.
4) Cover and let rise until the dough has crowned about ½" over the rims of the mini loaf pans, or 1" over the rim of the larger pan, 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the warmth of the kitchen. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) Bake the bread for 30 to 35 minutes for the mini loaves, 35 to 40 minutes for the larger loaf. An instant-read thermometer, inserted into the center of a loaf, should register at least 190°F. Tent the bread lightly with foil if it appears to be browning too quickly.
6) Remove the bread from the oven, turn it out of the pan, and cool on a rack.
Yield: 4 mini loaves, or 1 large loaf.