|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of 8" x 8" baking dish.
2) Mix the filling ingredients; set aside.
3) Mix the brown sugar, baking mix, and cinnamon.
4) Using a fork, pastry blender, or your fingers, work in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
5) Spread 2 cups of the apples in the pan; sprinkle 1/2 cup of the topping over the apples. Spoon the remaining apples on top; sprinkle with the remaining topping.
6) Bake the crisp for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
7) Remove the crisp from the oven and serve warm, or at room temperature. Whipped cream or ice cream are always welcome!
Yield: 6 servings.