1) In 3-quart saucepan set over medium heat, heat the chicken broth, chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper to boiling.
2) In a small bowl, mix the milk and the cornstarch with a wire whisk until smooth; stir into the chicken mixture. Heat just to boiling.
3) While the chicken is heating, use a fork to stir together the dumpling ingredients in a small bowl.
4) Once the chicken mixture is boiling, gently drop dumpling dough by 8 rounded spoonfuls onto the boiling chicken mixture.
5) Reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
6) Remove from the heat, and scoop a dumpling and a portion of the filling onto each serving plate. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings