1) Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350°F.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the flour, flax meal, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, cake enhancer, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and oil until well-blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until well-incorporated.
4) Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds, until well combined.
5) Stir in the banana, coconut, and flavors, and blend well.
6) Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the bread's internal temperature reaches 210°F. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack. Cool completely before cutting.
7) Yield: 1 loaf, 16 servings.
Any of the changes you make will alter the final product. Cocoa will also add a bit more fat and starch to the recipe, and can make the bread a bit heavier. Happy experimenting! Laurie@KAF