1) Preheat your oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
2) Beat the butter and praline paste until smooth. Add the extract and blend in the cookie mix; the dough will be crumbly. Remove 1 1/2 cups of crumbs and reserve for streusel topping.
3) Add the egg to the remaining mix and blend until smooth. Spread dough in an even layer on the bottom of your prepared pan.
4) Distribute dollops of Chocolate Schmear across the dough. Lightly mix the chopped hazelnuts with the reserved crumbs, and sprinkle evenly over the chocolate.
5) Bake the bars for 30 to 32 minutes, until they're golden brown. Remove from the oven, cool for 30 minutes, then cut into squares while still warm. Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 24 bars.